Insights from Thought Leaders
Fintech innovations have disrupted the financial industry, leading to novel ways of delivering financial services not only by traditional financial institutions but also by start-ups. Assoc Prof Paul Griffin from the SMU School of Information Systems has done much research into the efficacy of smart contracts. In this podcast, he shares his research findings and discusses how he sees smart contracts developing in the near future.
Nov 2017The large volumes of information generated on social media channels present potentially useful data for governments and businesses; however, to analyse such unstructured digital data and gain meaningful insights from them is complex and difficult. In this podcast, Assoc Prof Jiang Jing from the SMU School of Information Systems and SMU’s Living Analytics Research Centre, shares her research into online sensing.
Research@SMU and Its Impact
4 Jan 2018SMU Professor Nadja Alexander hopes that mediation will become people’s first recourse when they have a...
4 Jan 2018Existing laws could be refined to better govern the interactions between directors, shareholders and other...
4 Jan 2018Intellectual property laws strike a balance between incentivising innovation and ensuring that information...
20 Dec 2017What happens when Blockchain and AI come together? What are the possibilities? What are the impacts? Join us...
SMU President’s address on how the University can create positive change and make meaningful impact towards realising SMU Vision 2025.
Research Excellence across Management, Social Science & Technology.
Watch a video on SMU PhD Student-Faculty Interaction.
Ranked 3rd globally and 1st in Asia by Financial Times.
Areas of Excellence
Analytics for Business, Consumer & Social Insights
- Big data is the new norm of and the capabilities of new technologies make new insights possible.
Finance & Financial Markets
- Financial markets are vital to enabling business creation and expansion. SMU hosts 17 competencies and real-world test beds related to financial markets.
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- In global markets, innovation is the foundation of economic growth and entrepreneurship provides the necessary mobilization for economic value creation.
Urban Management & Sustainability
- Developing innovative solutions to efficient resource planning and allocation for enhanced urban mobility and operations.
Ageing & Healthcare Management
- Bringing together the best researchers in ageing to help Singapore prepare for its ageing population.