Singapore Management University Privacy Statement
- This is a Singapore Management University (SMU) website. Thank you for examining our privacy statement.
- If you are only browsing this website or using the Search function, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually. This site automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, and the page(s) requested. Although user sessions are tracked, the users remain anonymous.
- If you choose to send an application or an e-mail that contains personally identifiable data, for us to process the application or to render you a service, we may share relevant data within SMU, or if necessary, with other Government agencies or universities, so as to serve you efficiently and effectively, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. We may also need to disclose personal data as required by law or a court order. We will NOT share your personal data with private organisations, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific SMU services.
- For your convenience, when you are carrying out a transaction using your personally identifiable data, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied to us, or to other Government or private agencies that have been authorised to carry out specific SMU services. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us with the latest data. We will retain your personal data only as necessary for the effective delivery of University services to you.
- To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security technologies and policies.
- This site may contain links to other independently-managed websites within the SMU network and to some sites outside the "smu.edu.sg" domain whose data protection and privacy practices may be different from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to examine the privacy notices of those sites.
- If you wish to find out more about SMU’s Personal Data Statement, click here
Click here to contact Data Protection Officer.
Last updated on 21 Jul 2014.