Insights from Thought Leaders
Regional trade agreements have gained momentum since the 1990s and there are indications that this trend will continue. However, do these agreements lead to convergence of the living standards among member states? In this podcast, Asst Prof of Economics Zhang Haiping shares a model which he has developed to explain the impact of trade integration on global imbalances, as well as income divergence in developed and developing countries.
May 2016There is a lot that companies can do with cash, e.g. boost inventories, raise wages, make capital expenditures, etc. but can companies have too much cash? In this podcast, SMU Asst Prof Yuanto Kusnadi discusses his research into cash-rich companies and why a healthy bank balance may be more than meets the eye.
Research@SMU and Its Impact
28 Jun 2016Research by SMU Assistant Professor Cheng Chi-Ying is unlocking how our cultural identity shapes our lives...
28 Jun 2016Fears that recreational drones could be used for spying or terrorism are based on little more than paranoia...
28 Jun 2016To maximise their bottom line, online retailers must integrate digital business data with physical product...
SMU President shares his directions and strategies towards realising SMU Vision 2025.
Research Excellence across Management, Social Science & Technology.
Watch a video on SMU PhD Student-Faculty Interaction.
Ranked 3rd globally and 1st in Asia by Financial Times.
Areas of Excellence
Analytics for Business, Consumer & Social Insights
- Big data is the new norm of and the capabilities of new technologies make new insights possible.
Finance & Financial Markets
- Financial markets are vital to enabling business creation and expansion. SMU hosts 17 competencies and real-world test beds related to financial markets.
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- In global markets, innovation is the foundation of economic growth and entrepreneurship provides the necessary mobilization for economic value creation.
Urban Management & Sustainability
- Developing innovative solutions to efficient resource planning and allocation for enhanced urban mobility and operations.
Ageing & Healthcare Management
- Bringing together the best researchers in ageing to help Singapore prepare for its ageing population.