A transformative education of specialized social sciences disciplines that produces future generations of graduates capable of solving complex problems and making a difference to humanity.
- By evolving towards a specialized university in Social Sciences with a complete portfolio of distinctive programs by our schools, and with a curriculum that anticipates the real needs of the future.
- By producing future-ready graduates with the breadth and depth of knowledge, articulate, self-initiating, ethically and socially responsible and capable of helping to solve real world problems.
- By fostering a culture of excellence amongst SMU students, faculty and staff.
- By providing strong support to our research initiatives with a combination of our seed capital and through research grants from government and corporate sponsors.
- By developing solutions through our areas of excellence and expertise that would impact Asia - including Southeast Asia - and the rest of the world.
- By fostering a culture of excellence amongst students, faculty and staff in providing insights that trigger solutions to overcome the challenges, problems and opportunities in their respective area of work.
- By leveraging our location: Integrate SMU into the city and its stakeholder groups of business, education, arts and sports and the city residents through our academic and student life activities.
- By developing the SMU Village: Build a project-based, living and experiential learning environment for students, and cultivate lifelong engagement and affiliation with alumni and the community within our city precinct.
- By organizing and reinventing SMU with a strong service orientation and excellence at all levels:
- Students’ continued involvement in its stewardship community service programs both locally and overseas.
- Faculty’s involvement in service in communities in and outside of SMU: internally, in school administration, special projects, task forces in academic and research matters; externally, serving in education institutions, government agencies and commercial entities; and outreach and recruitment activities locally and overseas;
- Administrative staff’s involvement in enhancing organization vitality through business improvement processes, productivity, financial sustainability and community outreach
- By enlarging our international footprint: Pursue an integrated strategy of building strong global alliances as well as marketing and internationalizing the SMU brand and reputation through excellence in our teaching and research.
Last updated on 11 Sep 2017 .