SMU students are strongly encouraged to purchase their own notebook PC from the SMU PC Tender as the awarded PC models have been tested rigorously for stability and compatibility with the campus network, the University's applications and software.
The following scheme is available to assist full-time needy SMU undergraduate students in their purchase.
|SMU Student Computer Loan
- Full-time matriculated undergraduate students of any nationalities pursuing any degree programme at SMU.
- Students with gross household monthly per capita income not exceeding $2,700.
- Students who do not meet the income criteria and have evidence of family financial hardship (eg medical report) may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Must be between the ages of 21 and 60 years old.
- Must not be an undischarged bankrupt nor be a student pursuing full-time education.
- May not serve in this capacity for more than 2 outstanding student loans, including this loan.
- Must be a Singapore citizen for an applicant who is a Singapore citizen.
- Can be either a Singapore citizen or a Singapore Permanent Resident for an applicant who is a Singapore Permanent Resident.
- Can be of any nationality for an applicant who is a non-Singapore citizen.
Average prime rate of 3 local banks (DBS, OCBC and UOB)
(currently at 4.75% per annum)**
- Not later than 6 months after graduation
- Lump sum or monthly instalments of $90 (minimum)
- Maximum repayment period of 2 years
- Must repay in full if student withdraws
** The interest rate is subject to change.
For enquiries, please contact:
Centre for Student Financial Assistance
Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Assistance
Tel: +65 6828 0264
Fax: +65 6828 0647
Last updated on 1 Mar 2017.