Vision and Mission
To be a premier university, internationally recognised for its world-class research and distinguished teaching.
To create and disseminate knowledge. SMU aspires to generate leading-edge research with global impact as well as to produce broad-based, creative and entrepreneurial leaders for the knowledge-based economy. SMU is committed to an interactive, participative and technologically enabled learning experience. Towards this end, it will provide a rewarding and challenging environment for faculty, staff and students to kindle and sustain a passion for excellence.
- Raise the reputation and international profile of SMU
- Deliver a holistic undergraduate education experience with a distinctive interactive pedagogy, involving multi-disciplinary perspectives and a culture of rigorous learning and innovation
- Create a stimulating and dynamic research culture combining focused disciplinary research with opportunities for multi-disciplinary perspectives
- Become an Asian knowledge hub for research centred around the world of business and management
- Develop high-quality graduate, professional and executive education programmes
- Ensure financial strength that sustains growth and innovation
CIRCLE Values (Our Shared Values)
Sticking to an agreement and seeing a project through to completion even when the going gets tough.
Being honest and truthful with yourself and especially with others.
The voluntary act of holding oneself accountable for one's own actions.
Collegiality means more than just getting along with people. It means being a responsible citizen within the University community.
Leadership is an influence, a conviction and a responsibility a team establishes.
Excellence entails giving your very best in every endeavour you undertake.
Last updated on 30 Jan 2015.