Insights from Thought Leaders
Subscription box services, an e-commerce retail trend which first appeared just a few years ago, is in a boom today. Millions of dollars of investment is being poured into new boxes hoping to lure in subscription customers, with the promise of a specially-curated monthly ‘surprise’. In this podcast, SMU Asst Prof of Marketing Hannah Chang discusses the critical success factors for this business model, and how consumer behaviour plays a part.
May 2016There is a lot that companies can do with cash, e.g. boost inventories, raise wages, make capital expenditures, etc. but can companies have too much cash? In this podcast, SMU Asst Prof Yuanto Kusnadi discusses his research into cash-rich companies and why a healthy bank balance may be more than meets the eye.
Research@SMU and Its Impact
6 Apr 2016New research by SMU Assistant Professor Choi Hyun-Soo is uncovering the drivers behind household financial...
24 Mar 2016How much raw material should you purchase given the uncertainty in demand and procurement cost? SMU...
21 Mar 2016Can smartphones improve our quality of life and make cities run more efficiently? SMU Associate Professor...
SMU President shares his directions and strategies towards realising SMU Vision 2025.
Research Excellence across Management, Social Science & Technology.
Watch a video on SMU PhD Student-Faculty Interaction.
Ranked 3rd globally and 1st in Asia by Financial Times.
Areas of Excellence
Analytics for Business, Consumer & Social Insights
- Big data is the new norm of and the capabilities of new technologies make new insights possible.
Finance & Financial Markets
- Financial markets are vital to enabling business creation and expansion. SMU hosts 17 competencies and real-world test beds related to financial markets.
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- In global markets, innovation is the foundation of economic growth and entrepreneurship provides the necessary mobilization for economic value creation.
Urban Management & Sustainability
- Developing innovative solutions to efficient resource planning and allocation for enhanced urban mobility and operations.
Ageing & Healthcare Management
- Bringing together the best researchers in ageing to help Singapore prepare for its ageing population.