Insights from Thought Leaders
The World Happiness Report measures happiness and ranks countries according to factors such as equality, GDP per capita, social support and life expectancy. However, SMU Assoc Prof of Psychology Norman Li believes that the lifestyles of our ancient ancestors might have something to do with what makes us happy now, in fact, the same influences that made early humans satisfied are still the same in our current era. Assoc Prof Li shares his insights in this podcast.
Apr 2016In this podcast, Assoc Prof of Information Systems Cheng Shih-Fen, who is also Dy Director at the Fujitsu-SMU Urban Computing & Engineering Corp Lab, shares his research and offers possible solutions to balance the dynamic demand and supply of taxis in Singapore.
Research@SMU and Its Impact
6 Apr 2016New research by SMU Assistant Professor Choi Hyun-Soo is uncovering the drivers behind household financial...
24 Mar 2016How much raw material should you purchase given the uncertainty in demand and procurement cost? SMU...
21 Mar 2016Can smartphones improve our quality of life and make cities run more efficiently? SMU Associate Professor...
SMU President shares his directions and strategies towards realising SMU Vision 2025.
Research Excellence across Management, Social Science & Technology.
Watch a video on SMU PhD Student-Faculty Interaction.
Ranked 3rd globally and 1st in Asia by Financial Times.
Areas of Excellence
Analytics for Business, Consumer & Social Insights
- Big data is the new norm of and the capabilities of new technologies make new insights possible.
Finance & Financial Markets
- Financial markets are vital to enabling business creation and expansion. SMU hosts 17 competencies and real-world test beds related to financial markets.
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- In global markets, innovation is the foundation of economic growth and entrepreneurship provides the necessary mobilization for economic value creation.
Urban Management & Sustainability
- Developing innovative solutions to efficient resource planning and allocation for enhanced urban mobility and operations.
Ageing & Healthcare Management
- Bringing together the best researchers in ageing to help Singapore prepare for its ageing population.