Insights from Thought Leaders
The level of trust in the workplace significantly influences organisational effectiveness and productivity. Organisational trust-building has become more crucial, given today’s complex volatile business environment. In this podcast, Assoc Prof Tan Hwee Hoon from SMU Lee Kong Chian School of Business discusses how trust-building takes place between subordinates and supervisors in different countries and cultures.
Jul 2016The field of software engineering has been developing rapidly in recent years, and software developers are now able to improve software development and quality as well as create customised solutions. In this podcast, Assoc Prof David Lo of SMU School of Information Systems shares his research on automating software engineering and its benefits.
Research@SMU and Its Impact
27 Jul 2016Researchers at iCity Lab are using sensors to increase the safety of seniors who live independently in...
27 Jul 2016Despite its ascent on the world stage, SMU Associate Professor Henry Gao’s research shows that China may...
28 Jun 2016Research by SMU Assistant Professor Cheng Chi-Ying is unlocking how our cultural identity shapes our lives...
SMU President shares his directions and strategies towards realising SMU Vision 2025.
Research Excellence across Management, Social Science & Technology.
Watch a video on SMU PhD Student-Faculty Interaction.
Ranked 3rd globally and 1st in Asia by Financial Times.
Areas of Excellence
Analytics for Business, Consumer & Social Insights
- Big data is the new norm of and the capabilities of new technologies make new insights possible.
Finance & Financial Markets
- Financial markets are vital to enabling business creation and expansion. SMU hosts 17 competencies and real-world test beds related to financial markets.
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- In global markets, innovation is the foundation of economic growth and entrepreneurship provides the necessary mobilization for economic value creation.
Urban Management & Sustainability
- Developing innovative solutions to efficient resource planning and allocation for enhanced urban mobility and operations.
Ageing & Healthcare Management
- Bringing together the best researchers in ageing to help Singapore prepare for its ageing population.